An increasing amount of people and organisations defend animal rights and it is time to replace animal drug testing with in vitro methods based on human cells and organs. The testing into this external chip will help develop new medicines and more accurate treatments, avoiding negative side effects of the wrong administered drugs.
Quality of pharmaceutical products will also be monitored and controlled easily. Having this special external “human-on-a-chip” will also be essential for the R&D of new and unknown substances.
To test the safety and efficiency of new drugs
To control the quality of finished pharmaceutical products
To personalize drugs in vitro and choose the appropriate treatment
Conduct fundamental and applied R&D
- Connecting 4 cell chips containing models of human organs and tissues.
- Independent control of experiments.
- Touchscreen display and firmware.
- Regulators and sensors of vacuum and pressure.
- Thermostatic holder.
- The ability to connect CO2 lines to work outside the incubator.
- Quartz glass slide.
- Silicone layer with channels for the circulation of the medium.
- Polycarbonate panel for cell fixation.
- Fittings and tubes for connection to the control unit.
- Pump system on the chip.
- Thermostating system.
The software allows the following:
- To simulate the activity of various organs at the same time (Reaction of the cell material);
- To analyze the interaction between the active product and a specific human organ;
- The organ will be able to treat and react “live” to the injected product;
- The active substance will then be diffused in the circulatory system;
- The substance will interact with the other organs and all the effects will also be monitored.